Task for this week

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Hello Albino

So i have started looking into the bing map apis for windows mobile.

You have any suggestion how should we proceed with this. I am thinking of atleast develop an app that will take two user input say coordinates and then draw a path between them like google maps.

please comment

Surya 

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Good idea starting this topic.

After a little thought I begin thinking that instead of showing maps to the user we should show an animated compass. I implemented a conceptual mockup.

By the way, I've already added you as coordinator so you can checkout the code and add whatever you think would be nice, just don't forget to add a little comment on the check-ins so we don't get lost.

Do you have visual studio professional 2010 installed?? in case you don't, you know you can get it free from dreamspark.com.

If you agree with the compass design, we can devide the task in the following way one developer on the GPS logic and the other on the compass animation logic. As far as I know, WP7 doen't have a compass, we're going to emulate one based on the GPS coordinates.

 

  • GPS logic:
    • grab the tour guide interest points locations, suggested order of visitation, and other info from the xml and load it to memory (perhaps we should syncronize with the other teams on how this xml should look like so everybody could use the same source.
    • produce the direction vectors from current location and interest points
  • Compass animation logic and design:
    • basically how to control the the visualization of the info produced by the GPS logic
    • other user interaction tasks

 

 

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Hello

This sounds like an interesting stuff .. may be just compass animation wont be of much help but yes it would really be brilliant if we can add the compass animation on the top of the map. so the map will just show the path and then the compass on top of it will provide guidance..

The map will give the idea about the path and layout and compass the right direction..

So if u r working on the compass animation, i will then start with the gps module. and use the location points to draw the path from the current location to the nearest visiting point or any location provided.

Further once we done with the basic stuff we can redefine it and provide interfaces so that we can use each other modules without much trouble.

i have the 2010 version and sure i will take care of the check-in part .

So for the GPS module - my basic idea is :

1. setStartLocaiton( x coordinate, y coordinate)

2. setDestination((x coordinate, y coordinate)

3. getCurrentLocationOfUser()

4.getMap()  // Returns the map object with the path drawn - we might not need it .. just a thought

i will keep updating this as i progress

Cheers ~

Surya

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Hi 

i found this while working on the app

 

http://www.mdtadesign.co.uk/windows-phone-7-app-london-travel/

 

this looks pretty neat.. with all the menus going over multiple pages and then each page has different content.. we can use this kind of ui also.. just a suggestion

 

surya

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Sure Surya, I was reading about that kind of design this morning too. It's based on the panorama control which wraps panoramaItems (the parts). We could have three panoramaitems one for the compass, one for the map one for the details view of the tour stop ahead. I'm actually gonna try that now and see how it works.

Albino

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Hello Surya,

In the last two checkins I made (54692 and the previous one) I didn't add the proper comments by mistake. I'm still getting used with the source control system :-).

I've done a whole bunch of stuff in the last checkin:

  • Changed the layout to the panorama style with a view of the tabaret hall as background.
  • the panorama control has three items:
    • "Chose a tour": I added the whole infra-structure to present the tour routes list for the user to pick one up. That is, the view model is pretty much in place, although, it will change when we know how the xml data is gonna look like.
    • "Compass": empty right now
    • "Map": I added the map and already setted the Credentials key. I had to download and install the Bing Map assemblies in my computer. I added a reference to these assemblies in the project but I don't know if the source control will also upload the assemblies and you might need to install the Bing Map sdk on your computer as well ... that I don't know.

 

 

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Hi Albino

For the Maps i was doing something similar to this

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681887.aspx

we give two location points and it will draw the route

Cheers ~

Surya

 

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Great,

That's exactly what we need.

Note that in the release version of the app, the user input controls are basically the tour choice which I already added (listbox items in the "Chose a tour" item of the panorama control). The event handler is going to be the ListBox_SelectionChanged(object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e){ GEOCODE/COMPUTEROUTE/DRAWROUTE stuff}

Cheers,

Albino

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 3:16 AM

One little note,

The Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Map version of the Silverlight control comes already with the Phone Tools SDK, therefore you don't need to download and install the bing map control sdk.

Cheers,

Albino

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 4:02 AM

Hi

I am using the same assembly files.. i have got it almost working... i have place holder for start and end destination and also aerial and rode mode for the map and also there's a toggle button to display the direction instructions..

I have developed that as an independent application. we can integrate it as soon as it gets done.

Will check in the code as soon as its up and running!

 

Cheers !~

Surya

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 6:09 AM

Hi 

I have checked in the final sample map tour. I got this sample over the net. Took me some time to get this working. we have all the features we need here and then we can customize it as per our needs

Cheers ~

Surya

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 6:18 AM

I am not able to build the latest project - wp7OttawaTourGuide.

If possible lets discuss tomorrow before we go ahead with our work. Since i have the map app running i can start working on exposing the interfaces and how to customize it to our needs

please let me know of you comments

Cheers ~

Surya

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM

 

It's not your fault, Surya, I checked in the version I had before I had to leave home which wasn't building. I wanted to be able to check it out when I got home. I'll avoid doing that in the future.

Great news, you have the map working. Do take as input street adresses or latitude/longitude data? I added a little file sampletourdata.xml to the project to help us test the system... I assumed that your input was lat/long but that can be changed if it's the case.
Cheers,
Albino
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Hi 

Right now the system takes street address at the input. we can modify that to accept anything thats meaningful to the system. and its all ok as i was not working with the other module. :-)

if things are fine then we can discuss about when we can meet and then we can integrate this thing and get this working 

Cheers ~

Surya

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Hi 

Do u have any online account so that we can talk over chat if i need some info ..

Regards

Surya

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 9:53 PM
Hello surya,
I have tested the Gmail chat. It seems to work alright. If is just written chat, we can use Facebook.

albinoadriano@gmail.com is login for both Gmail and Facebook.

Cheers
Albino
Sent from my Windows Phone

From: suryakant
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 4:27 PM
To: albinocordeiro@live.ca
Subject: Re: Task for this week [wp7uottawatour:237623]



> From: suryakant
>
> Hi Do u have any online account so that we can talk over chat if i need some info ..RegardsSurya
>
>
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 9:56 PM

So i haven't done much today . If you have idea in the mind i should continue with let me know. As far as  i have just completed that map wrk 

Cheers~

Surya

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Hello Surya,

I had to take my son to doctor appointment today and couldn't communicate with you properly yet.

Answering your question, I think the next thing to do is to write the code to read and parse the "sampletourdata.xml" file that I included in the project.

We have also to change the code in the ViewModel files (itemviewmodel.cs and mainviewmodel.cs) to reflect the structure I designed in sampletourdata.xml. For example, LineOne,Linetwo etc. In ItemViewModel.cs should be changed to tour Tour title, description, etc....

I keep doing what I was doing this afternoon: integrating your mapp8ng module to the system
I gotta go now but,we talk later
Cheers
Albino
Sent from my Windows Phone

From: suryakant
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 5:56 PM
To: albinocordeiro@live.ca
Subject: Re: Task for this week [wp7uottawatour:237623]



> From: suryakant
>
> So i haven't done much today . If you have idea in the mind i should continue with let me know. As far as i have just completed that map wrk Cheers~Surya
>
>
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Hi

 

I am still not able to build the project. Its still giving me following errors.



Error	3	The type 'uottawatourguide.App' already contains a definition for '_contentLoaded'	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Release\App.g.i.cs	38	22	uottawatourguide
Error	4	The type 'uottawatourguide.MainPage' already contains a definition for 'LayoutRoot'	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs	40	47	uottawatourguide
Error	5	Type 'uottawatourguide.App' already defines a member called 'InitializeComponent' with the same parameter types	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Release\App.g.i.cs	44	21	uottawatourguide
Error	6	The type 'uottawatourguide.MainPage' already contains a definition for '_contentLoaded'	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs	52	22	uottawatourguide
Error	7	Type 'uottawatourguide.MainPage' already defines a member called 'InitializeComponent' with the same parameter types	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs	58	21	uottawatourguide
Error	8	The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'uottawatourguide.MainPage.InitializeComponent()' and 'uottawatourguide.MainPage.InitializeComponent()'	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\MainPage.xaml.cs	16	13	uottawatourguide
Error	9	Ambiguity between 'uottawatourguide.App._contentLoaded' and 'uottawatourguide.App._contentLoaded'	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\App.g.i.cs	45	17	uottawatourguide
Error	10	Ambiguity between 'uottawatourguide.MainPage._contentLoaded' and 'uottawatourguide.MainPage._contentLoaded'	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs	59	17	uottawatourguide
Error	11	Ambiguity between 'uottawatourguide.MainPage.LayoutRoot' and 'uottawatourguide.MainPage.LayoutRoot'	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs	64	18	uottawatourguide
Error	12	Ambiguity between 'uottawatourguide.App._contentLoaded' and 'uottawatourguide.App._contentLoaded'	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Release\App.g.i.cs	45	17	uottawatourguide
Error	13	The type or namespace name 'TourViewModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs	14	51	uottawatourguide
Error	14	The type or namespace name 'TourViewModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs	20	37	uottawatourguide
Error	15	The type or namespace name 'TourViewModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs	63	40	uottawatourguide

I have been trying to work on the parsing of xml file and build the tile page. Got stuck with some other work . SO coudnt do it. will look into that today . 

Further the map currently doesnt take longitude and latitude for drawing the route. it expects the place name. so we need to modify that. 

Further we need to make modifications to the Map Ui to come back to the menu

Can we meet sometime tomorrow may be in the site building to discuss this 

 

Cheers ~

Surya

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Hello Surya,

The build problem I believe is due to the fact that I could not delete some obsolete files in the central repository. The builds and run on my machine because I could get rid if the old files locally.

When I get home I'll try to solve the problem through the website directly.... Let's see.

Note that I changed a little thing in the XML. I used system.XML.linq and the code in the method loaddata in the mainviewmodel.cs. You can adapt that too the animation tiles project.

We can surely meet tomorrow to discuss how we can close this first release of our app. Perhaps around lunch time?

All the best,
Albino

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: suryakant
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2010 3:16 PM
To: albinocordeiro@live.ca
Subject: Re: Task for this week [wp7uottawatour:237623]



> From: suryakant
>
> Hi I am still not able to build the project. Its still giving me following errors. Error 3 The type 'uottawatourguide.App' already contains a definition for '_contentLoaded' C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Release\App.g.i.cs 38 22 uottawatourguideError 4 The type 'uottawatourguide.MainPage' already contains a definition for 'LayoutRoot' C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs 40 47 uottawatourguideError 5 Type 'uottawatourguide.App' already defines a member called 'InitializeComponent' with the same parameter types C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Release\App.g.i.cs 44 21 uottawatourguideError 6 The type 'uottawatourguide.MainPage' already contains a definition for '_contentLoaded' C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs 52 22 uottawatourguideError 7 Type 'uottawatourguide.MainPage' already defines a member called 'InitializeComponent' with the same parameter types C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs 58 21 uottawatourguideError 8 The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'uottawatourguide.MainPage.InitializeComponent()' and 'uottawatourguide.MainPage.InitializeComponent()' C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\MainPage.xaml.cs 16 13 uottawatourguideError 9 Ambiguity between 'uottawatourguide.App._contentLoaded' and 'uottawatourguide.App._contentLoaded' C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\App.g.i.cs 45 17 uottawatourguideError 10 Ambiguity between 'uottawatourguide.MainPage._contentLoaded' and 'uottawatourguide.MainPage._contentLoaded' C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs 59 17 uottawatourguideError 11 Ambiguity between 'uottawatourguide.MainPage.LayoutRoot' and 'uottawatourguide.MainPage.LayoutRoot' C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Debug\MainPage.g.i.cs 64 18 uottawatourguideError 12 Ambiguity between 'uottawatourguide.App._contentLoaded' and 'uottawatourguide.App._contentLoaded' C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\obj\Release\App.g.i.cs 45 17 uottawatourguideError 13 The type or namespace name 'TourViewModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs 14 51 uottawatourguideError 14 The type or namespace name 'TourViewModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs 20 37 uottawatourguideError 15 The type or namespace name 'TourViewModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Surya\Desktop\Windows 7 App Developement\Tour De ottawa\wp7uottawatour\WP7tourguide\uottawatourguide\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs 63 40 uottawatourguideI have been trying to work on the parsing of xml file and build the tile page. Got stuck with some other work . SO coudnt do it. will look into that today . Further the map currently doesnt take longitude and latitude for drawing the route. it expects the place name. so we need to modify that. Further we need to make modifications to the Map Ui to come back to the menuCan we meet sometime tomorrow may be in the site building to discuss this Cheers ~Surya
>
>
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Hi 

i will be in my lab 4009A tmmrw.

613 286 0530 .. pls give me a call sometime when u wanna meet. we can then see what else to work on.

surya

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Hi 

I am sorry i got late. i just came in. pls give me ur contact number.. we can meet now if u r free

surya

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2010 at 6:24 PM
No problem.. I had to leave to take of some business and I just got back now.

I'll have lunch and call u in a minute.

Ny number is 6136202586

Cheers
Albino

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: suryakant
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 1:33 PM
To: albinocordeiro@live.ca
Subject: Re: Task for this week [wp7uottawatour:237623]



> From: suryakant
>
> Hi I am sorry i got late. i just came in. pls give me ur contact number.. we can meet now if u r freesurya
>
>
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2010 at 7:41 PM

chk this one .. this is quite helpful

http://andy-teamg.blogspot.com/2010/04/windows-phone-7-jogging-application.html

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Hello Surya,

Well, it seems we have a working demo (latest checkin)! The drawing is very very simplistic, but at least it's drawing something.

I gonna go for lunch now and will try to improve whatever I can up to the last minute :-).

See you later,

Albino

 

Obs. : Did you noticed they changed the meeting location too?

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2010 at 6:03 PM
hey ...

i have got it working also.. we can present both the ideas to them and then we can decide how to proceed. I have got the code for drawing the complete route.

i came to ur lab but u werent there... ping me when u wud be back .. then we can meet and discuss

Cheers ~
Surya

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 1:57 PM, intLogic <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: intLogic

Hello Surya,

Well, it seems we have a working demo (latest checkin)! The drawing is very very simplistic, but at least it's drawing something.

I gonna go for lunch now and will try to improve whatever I can up to the last minute :-).

See you later,

Albino

Obs. : Did you noticed they changed the meeting location too?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com


Coordinator
Dec 16, 2010 at 6:20 AM
Hey

I have got something very interesting and i think we can use this for our compass application .
The route service returns very detailed information about the directions and distance and compass direction


Untitled.png

I was drawing route for two points and it returned appx 28 intermediate points which i used to draw the route using MapPolyLine
for each pair of points it displays the distance and compass direction and i think we can use that to animate our compass or to show more inforamtion

i will try to find more details and we can discuss regarding this tmmrw

Surya


On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Surya <suryakant.choudhary@gmail.com> wrote:
hey ...

i have got it working also.. we can present both the ideas to them and then we can decide how to proceed. I have got the code for drawing the complete route.

i came to ur lab but u werent there... ping me when u wud be back .. then we can meet and discuss

Cheers ~
Surya


On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 1:57 PM, intLogic <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: intLogic

Hello Surya,

Well, it seems we have a working demo (latest checkin)! The drawing is very very simplistic, but at least it's drawing something.

I gonna go for lunch now and will try to improve whatever I can up to the last minute :-).

See you later,

Albino

Obs. : Did you noticed they changed the meeting location too?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com



Coordinator
Dec 16, 2010 at 7:02 AM
That's great news, Surya!
The compass would make this app even more compelling.
See u tomorrow
Albino

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: suryakant
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:20 AM
To: albinocordeiro@live.ca
Subject: Re: Task for this week [wp7uottawatour:237623]



> From: suryakant
>
> Hey
> I have got something very interesting and i think we can use this for our compass application .The route service returns very detailed information about the directions and distance and compass direction
>
>
> I was drawing route for two points and it returned appx 28 intermediate points which i used to draw the route using MapPolyLinefor each pair of points it displays the distance and compass direction and i think we can use that to animate our compass or to show more inforamtion
> i will try to find more details and we can discuss regarding this tmmrw
> Surya
>
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> hey ...
> i have got it working also.. we can present both the ideas to them and then we can decide how to proceed. I have got the code for drawing the complete route.
> i came to ur lab but u werent there... ping me when u wud be back .. then we can meet and discuss
> Cheers ~Surya
>
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 1:57 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> From: intLogicHello Surya,Well, it seems we have a working demo (latest checkin)! The drawing is very very simplistic, but at least it's drawing something.I gonna go for lunch now and will try to improve whatever I can up to the last minute :-).See you later,AlbinoObs. : Did you noticed they changed the meeting location too?Read the full discussion online.To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com)To start a new discussion for this project, email wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.comYou are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You canunsubscribe on CodePlex.com.Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
>
>
>
>
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Hello

Untitled.png

we need to on the UI of the marked boxes.
I will make the functionality and transition smooth.
You might also want to look into the page transition animations. I will take a look at them and see if i can do any thing

Tasks on my plate:
1. Notify the user when he arrives at a location
2. Get all the compass related data and then expose it through some interface so that it can be accessed
3. Use Id as argument when the data is passed between pages - Currently it passes the location string

Cheers~
Surya

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 3:02 AM, intLogic <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: intLogic

That's great news, Surya!
The compass would make this app even more compelling.
See u tomorrow

Albino

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: suryakant
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:20 AM

To: albinocordeiro@live.ca
Subject: Re: Task for this week [wp7uottawatour:237623]



> From: suryakant
>
> Hey
> I have got something very interesting and i think we can use this for our compass application .The route service returns very detailed information about the directions and distance and compass direction
>
>
> I was drawing route for two points and it returned appx 28 intermediate points which i used to draw the route using MapPolyLinefor each pair of points it displays the distance and compass direction and i think we can use that to animate our compass or to show more inforamtion

> i will try to find more details and we can discuss regarding this tmmrw
> Surya
>
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> hey ...
> i have got it working also.. we can present both the ideas to them and then we can decide how to proceed. I have got the code for drawing the complete route.
> i came to ur lab but u werent there... ping me when u wud be back .. then we can meet and discuss
> Cheers ~Surya
>
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 1:57 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> From: intLogicHello Surya,Well, it seems we have a working demo (latest checkin)! The drawing is very very simplistic, but at least it's drawing something.I gonna go for lunch now and will try to improve whatever I can up to the last minute :-).See you later,AlbinoObs. : Did you noticed they changed the meeting location too?Read the full discussion online.To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com)To start a new discussion for this project, email wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.comYou are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You canunsubscribe on CodePlex.com.Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
>
>
>
>

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com