Tour Info Display

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Hey !

I am working on parsing the xml file having tour info and displaying it in a user friendly way.

Later on we can remove the xml file and have the app access the info online.

So the current UI i am planning will have a grid box with images and when u hove or tap over any image there will be an option to either start the tour or get info.

If the user click to start the tour then he will be taken to the map else he can see info - may be text or video or pics

Cheers ~

Surya

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 2:07 AM

I am talking something similar to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIpcOgjN28I

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 1:29 PM

That seems awsome. Much more interesting than the plain list box. The grid will be generated dynamically from the tourdata? It seems to me that he wanted to emulate the animated tiles in the home screen of the phone.

I didn't find an official silverlight tiles control,but I found this which might help us.

Albino

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 2:27 PM

I found this article talking about on how to use the turnstile control provided in the link I sent previously.

cheers,

Albino

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Hi Albino

yes the tiles will be dynamically generated. I am working on that only but stuck with some weird issue :-) .

Hopefully i will get this working .. so the tiles will have all the tour data extracted from the xml and then on clicking on them will take u to the map

Cheers~

surya 

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Thanks for the article .. i have prepared a sample tour start page. I will now read from the xml file and then build that page on the fly 

Will check in the code once i get that runnin