Todo before January 3rd

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2010 at 2:10 AM

From the top of my mind now I can think of:

1. port to the device
  2. test on the streets and derive new immediate goals from the experience
  3. improve UI, error handling (it should work, at least partially without internet link)
  4. Perhaps, we could split: one guy working on finalizing the mobile app and the other one building the web tool?!?
  5. Submit version 0.0.1 of the app to Marketplace (version 0.0.0 has been submitted already)
Coordinator
Dec 22, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Hi

i was planning on exactly the same thing.. I can take care of the mobile app.. i dont have much exp on asp.net . i have worked on javascript and java.. 

so i think u can start building the website. i think i can get the mobile app in really good shape

further i am planning to take this thing to the next level and launch application on multiple platforms and then we can present this as business model as every otherday we see lots of ppl making good money of these apps ..

If we can really take this next level we will have great thing for our profile

surya

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Few things i am planning to integrate is :

1. People being able to define custom tours 

2. Ppl can comment and rate tours

3. they can modify existing tours 

4. Ppl can have their own profiles . this will help different groups to build tours and then sell them

and lot of similar kind of ideas 

surya

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2010 at 4:49 AM
I'm with you 100% on that, Surya. These type of things counts 1000 times more on a job interview than an academic paper (my own experience). It also feels much better to have made something useful, that is, something that people can actually use it.

When we have this one done and on the Marketplace. We can think of the iPhone version (is that what you mean by other platforms??). The good thing is that the server side infrastructure will be already in place anyways.

Well, I also have some ideas for a couple of apps using stuff from my research which could also help us get a paper or two published we surely talk about that after the Jan 3rd :-)

I'll be working on the database design on the next few days then...

We keep in touch.
Albino

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:48:30 -0800
Subject: Re: Todo before January 3rd [wp7uottawatour:239192]

Hi
i was planning on exactly the same thing.. I can take care of the mobile app.. i dont have much exp on asp.net . i have worked on javascript and java..
so i think u can start building the website. i think i can get the mobile app in really good shape
further i am planning to take this thing to the next level and launch application on multiple platforms and then we can present this as business model as every otherday we see lots of ppl making good money of these apps ..
If we can really take this next level we will have great thing for our profile

surya
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2010 at 4:52 AM
Awsome ... I 've been thinking the same things. All of these are heavily dependent on a well designed database.
I'm gonna start working on this now.
Albino

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:50:11 -0800
Subject: Re: Todo before January 3rd [wp7uottawatour:239192]

Few things i am planning to integrate is :

1. People being able to define custom tours
2. Ppl can comment and rate tours
3. they can modify existing tours
4. Ppl can have their own profiles . this will help different groups to build tours and then sell them
and lot of similar kind of ideas
surya
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email wp7uottawatour@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com